Sponsorship Information

We welcome you as a sponsor to NCA. Your support will make a difference in the lives of Mexican children. With your help, low income students can become valuable, educated members of their community – and for this, we thank you!

We have established a minimum donation amount for school expenses, which helps pay for tuition, books and supplies, uniforms, and often transportation. However, please keep in mind that these amounts represent only one-third to one-half the actual cost for the students.

Sponsor’s cost per year (in US dollars)

  • Elementary School (primaria)
  • Junior High School (secundaria)
  • High School (preparatoria)
  • University or Trade School (universidad)

The above amounts have been approved by NCA’s Board of Directors as of January 1, 2013. We recommend including the optional “Extra Help” package, which provides each student with $10 US per month for additional school needs during the year.

  • “Extra Help” package $120.00

Of the sponsorship you provide, 95% goes directly toward payments to students. The remaining 5% is set aside to help support administration and overhead expenses.

Donations to “The Scholarship Fund” without a specific student’s name will be used for worthy students who do not yet have sponsors, or whose sponsors have been unable to continue their support.

Student updates will be sent out twice a year, and will include a new student photo, grades, and status of the student’s account. All communication to or from your student will be translated.

Your Donation may be Tax Deductible!

If you file taxes in the United States, NCA has tax-deductible recognition through the Foundation for Lake Chapala Charities. This Foundation was established to give NCA 501(c) 3 status in the USA. To make your sponsorship tax deductible, make your check payable to “Foundation for Lake Chapala Charities, S.A.”, and indicate “for NCA” on your check, plus the name of the student you are sponsoring.

Click on “Financial Reports” for information on the finances of the organization.