NCA Minutes August 27, 2014
The meeting was called to order at 1:45 pm, and a quorum was declared.
Present: Bill Friend, Doug Friend, Nancy Allan, Shannon Blair, Amy Friend.
The Minutes of July 31 were tabled, and approved as reviewed.
- The proposed major fund-raiser for late 2014 is on hold.
- In the interim, several venues were considered for an earlier fund-raiser: at the LCS, at the Monte Carlo.
- Themes discussed were a Murder Mystery evening, a Valentine’s Day event, and “Rockin’ at the Kasbah.”
- “Rockin’ at the Kasbah” was considered by all as very marketable. Moroccan recipes will be researched by those present, they will also do the food preparation. The event to begin at 5:00 for cocktails and appetizers, 6-7:00 buffet. Tickets limited to 100.
- The Valentine’s Day event proposed to be held at the Monte Carlo.
- no financial report at the moment, the months is not closed. Expected to be available September 10.
- Adolfo is working on standardizing office procedures, and also is setting up a Master file for the Students and Sponsors for NCA to better manage these two groups. An added benefit: he has past experience with IJAS.
- Nancy continues to work with Lilia and Carla.
- Nancy and Lilia will go to San Juan Cosala Sunday, August 31, to meet with the families, disburse school supplies and student funds.
- Sponsor membership subscriptions are coming in, sponsor letters are going out.
- Carla has been working out well, and she is now hired.
- The website is being converted to a Word Press base.
- Doug will write to each sponsor, giving them a temporary password, requesting that they change it to their own password, and providing step-by-step instructions.
- The Sponsor profiles are being created by the NCA office staff. We currently have about a dozen of them done. The new site has gone live this week.
- sent an email to Eliberto, requesting an update on his mandate to secure the Swentik bequest. No response received.
- A copy of the Swentik will and a translation is needed.
- There is a new SAT requirement for NCA’s accounting, in connection with digital files for facturas. Our system will require updating to Windows 7.
- Doug will set this up for Paulo, together with Explorer 10
The meeting adjourned at 3:07 pm.
Next meeting, Wednesday 1:30 pm, September 24, La Floresta.