The October 17 meeting of the NCA Board of Directors was called to order at 1:15 p.m.
Present: Doug, Nancy, Bill, Susan, Nicole, Lana and Cony.
A quorum was declared.
Lana proposed and Nancy seconded approval of the minutes, which were accepted unanimously.
Doug reported completion of the protocalization of the March minutes.
UPDATE on November 12 East Indian Dinner fundraiser:
- Only 10 tickets left.
- The revenue should be the same as last year even with a limit on the number of tickets available because of some beverages left over from the last event.
- Nancy will put together a packet of information about NCA for reporters from the Ojo del Lago and The Guadalajara Reporter, whom we will invite to the event.
Nancy will work on broadening the NCA message via local print outlets.
The Board discussed participation in Lakeside Charities and concluded that more information is needed about the benefits and obligations of joining this initiative.
The interviews are complete and eight students recommended through the Lakeside Presbyterian Church meet NCA qualifications. Their names will be forwarded to the Church, which will assist in finding sponsors.
The Board continued to discuss and refine preparations for the Love of Education Valentine´s event:
- The event will be on Saturday, February 11, at the Monte Carlo.
- The expected attendance is 100 guests.
- The $500 peso cost includes dinner, live music, and a cocktail.
- Nancy and Susan will meet with Viviana at the Monte Carlo to finalize date, times, and other details.
- Doug will take charge of the music, and Lana the decorations.
- Other activities may include a door prize, 50/50 raffle, an auction, and a picture booth.
Doug reported that the ¨roots¨ shirts are available.
The next Board meeting will occur at 1:00 p.m., Monday, November 14.
The meeting was adjourned at 2:05 p.m.