President Doug Friend called the March 13 meeting of the NCA Board of Directors to order at 1:10 p.m. Members present in addition to Doug were Vice President Lana Ehlebracht , Treasurer Nancy Allan, Secretary Susan Johnson, and Director at Large Nicole Belinne.
President Doug led a discussion of NCA Outreach.
- Lakeside Charities selected NCA to receive a $30,000 USD donation to be implemented in collaboration with Operation Feed according to the following guidelines:
- The students will be from the San Juan Cosalá area.
- The funds will be distributed during a three year period.
- Students will meet the NCA requirements for sponsorship, including proof of financial need.
- Operation Feed will recruit
- Doug suggested expanding the successful outreach at Lakeside Presbyterian to include other churches
The Board discussed the recent donation of $100,000 pesos by sponsor Herb Staneland. Suggestions included investment and student sponsorship. Lana suggested, and the Board agreed, to invest the funds until a final decision is reached.
Treasurer Nancy Allan suggested, and the Board agreed, to clean up small accounts, some with just a few pesos, by putting them in a general account. Nancy moved that an account for two students sitting unused for three years because the students refuse to attend school also be moved to a general account. The motion was approved unanimously.
Doug cited the highly successful Valentine´s For the Love of Education fundraiser at the Monte Carlo on February 11, 2017. The financial report is as follows:
- 103 tickets sold
- 51,500 Ticket revenue
- 25,887 expenses (5000 deposit)
- 27317 total expenses
- Bar 11804
- Auction, close to 37,000
- 50-50 Raffle- 4000
NCA made a profit on the event of $82,701 pesos. That’s 32K more than we have made at any other fundraiser.
Treasurer Nancy Allan reported that her report was under revision.
The Board discussed plans for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held on Monday, March 27th, at 2:00 p.m. at the Chapala NCA office. Lori Skoda will not be a candidate for Director at Large but will continue to operate the Bazaar.
Under new business, Doug reported that Dr. Pinto would like to do another fundraiser, soon. Susan pointed out that by mid-April, many of the seasonal residents will have left the area.
The next board meeting will be our AGM, Monday, March 27th, at 2:00 p.m. at the Chapala NCA office.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:50 p.m.