Los Niños de Chapala y Ajijic—NCA
Minutes of the 2018 Annual General Meeting
April 23, 2018
President Doug Friend called the meeting to order at 2:00 p.m. A quorum was not
present. The meeting was adjourned.
At 2:10 p.m. President Doug reconvened the AGM.
Treasurer Nancy Allan presented financial highlights.
• NCA income was more than 2 million pesos.
• President Doug and Treasurer Nancy described the need for fundraising projects
because by law 95% of the monies received from sponsors must be applied
directly to students. They reported significant income from participation in the
Chili Cook-off and a St. Patrick´s Day event.
• Expenses were up because of greater administrative costs related to the increase
in sponsored students.
• NCA has been cited by the Chapala Municipio for needed repairs to the building.
• NCA is within the budget.
• The details of the financial report and budget will be posted on-line at
The new Board was elected.
• As required, the current Board resigned.
• Doug presented a slate of candidates for the new Board and asked three times for
nominations from the floor.
• Jane Custer was nominated to join the slate.
• The new Board was elected by acclamation. They are:
President: Douglas Michael Friend
Vice-President: Lana McCoy Ehlebrecht
Treasurer: Nancy Allan
Secretary: Margaret Susan Johnson
Director at Large: Nicole Jules Belinne
Director at Large: Dr. Tony Pinto
Director at Large: Cynthia Dawn Bosch
Director at Large: Jane Kelley Custer
In new business, Ron Hudson expressed sincere and heartfelt appreciation to the Board
on behalf of all sponsors.
President Doug Friend and Secretary Susan Johnson were named to present the minutes
to Notary 5 for protocolization.
Following a brief discussion of student tutoring the meeting was adjourned at 2:40 p.m.
The new Board will meet on May 14 at the home of President Doug Friend.