Los Niños de Chapala y Ajijic A.C. — NCA
July 15, 2019
President Doug Friend called the July 15, 2019 meeting of the Board of Directors of Los Niños de Chapala y Ajijic, A.C. (NCA) to order at 2:10 p.m. Members present ere Vice-President Lana Ehlebracht, Secretary Susan Johnson, and Directors-at-Large Cyndi Bosch and Ron Hudson. Directors-at-Large Nicole Belinne and Tony Pinto were absent.
- President Doug declared a quorum.
- President Doug led a discussion of the September fund-raising event.
- The event will be Thursday, September 12, from 4:00-8:00 p.m., at the home of President Doug.
- Tony Pinto will prepare the food.
- Doug will print posters and tickets.
- Cyndi will greet.
- Ron will help with set-up.
- Secretary Susan reported plans for the letter to the Chapala municipal president requesting that he establish a contact to coordinate with NCA.
- The letter was prompted by the lack of information about the pending construction on the premises of the NCA office by a private company.
- The document extending permission to remain on the municipality’s property does not guarantee how long the agreement will be in effect. We were given verbal assurance by the director of the patrimonio that the permission will not expire until the next elections in 2021. We will need to send a new letter and request extension of permission with each municipal-level election cycle.
- Cony Larios will help with the letter and its delivery via a personal friend who is the ‘’jefe del gabinete’’ and managed the president’s campaign.
- President Doug reminded the Board that as soon as the AGM minutes are procolized they and other documents need to be submitted to the governmental entity that has taken the place of IJAS. Our pamphlets will need to be re-done.
- The Board agreed to install lighting and ceiling fans at the NCA office.
- President Doug reported that the American Legion will consider a yearly donation instead of monthly.
- The landscaping project is on hold pending construction on the property.
- President Doug and Director-at-Large Cyndi proposed recruiting the current Los Gueros Treasurer for the same position with NCA.
- The next Board meeting will be August 12, 2019, at 2:00 pm.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:00 p.m.