Los Niños de Chapala y Ajijic—NCA
NCA May 6
President Doug Friend called the May 6, 2019 meeting of the Board of Directors of los Niños de Chapala y Ajijic, AC (NCA) to order at 2:17 p.m. Members present in addition to President Doug Friend were Vice- President Lana Ehlebracht , Secretary Susan Johnson, and Director at Large Cyndi Bosch. Directors at Large Dr. Tony Pinto and Nicole Belinne were absent.
- President Doug declared a quorum.
- The Board elected Ronald Gordon Hudson to the position of Director at large.
- The Board discussed plans for the next fundraiser.
- It will be held in conjunction with Mexican Independence on Saturday, September 14, 2019, at the home of President Doug.
- Director at Large Cyndi will take care of the decorations.
- President Doug will be in charge of the tickets and posters.
- Director at large Ron will help set up the tables and chairs.
- Secretary Susan advised that Office Student-Sponsor Liaison Kenia had received notice from the Ayuntamiento that Chapala municipal government officials plan to visit the NCA office at some future date. President Doug will follow up.
- The Board discussed an estimate of $16,300 from a gardener for landscaping.
- The estimate was deemed questionable until more details are available.
- President Doug will follow up with Liaison Kenia.
- Secretary Susan reported having located information about an alternative site for Prepa Abierta, giving students an option for Octavio Paz. It is Secundaria Técnica #83, Colinas de Chapala 63, Colonia Plaza de Toros, Chapala 45900. Prospective students should show up on any Saturday with the following in hand: birth cetificate, Secundaria certificate, and CURP.
- Secretary Susan advised that there was a student who needed immediate funding. President Doug will follow up with Office Manager Kenia.
The next Board meeting will be at 2:00 p.m. on June 10, 2019.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:00 p.m.