NCA (Los Niños de Chapala y Ajijic A.C.)
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting, March 2, 2016
NCA Office, Chapala
The AGM was called to order at 1:54pm. There being no quorum, the meeting was adjourned.
The meeting was once more called to order at 2:00pm.
Present: Bill, Doug, Nancy, Lori, Tim, Susan, Nicole, Amy.
Guests: Mtra. Cony Larios, Lana Ehlebracht, Lois Gowers.
Nancy presented financial highlights:
- The budget proposed for 2015 was accurate, there was a budget surplus of $56,000 pesos, General and Administrative expenses are down.
- Donations are up quite a bit this year, totaling more than $800,000 pesos
- A lot of new sponsors this past year.
- Annual O/H expense is 221K, or approximately $18,000 monthly
- Jan – Dec.
- Donations 1.491 M
- Scholarships 751K
- Undistributed 739K (final distribution mid-March)
- 4 student sponsors passed on and willed money to their students. These funds are now in the students’ accounts.
- Annual report will be posted on the website in the coming week.
Lori briefly reviewed the Bazaar status:
- The shop is pretty empty again, at this moment, there is lots of furniture for sale. Consignments are up, and the shop is very successful at moving large items.
- It has been a good year.
- Shop staff proudly wore their gold NCA t-shirts, but have printed new ones, the old ones are worn out. Embroidered shirts will be checked out.
- Lori confirmed the legal status of the Bazaar. It operates independently, staff are paid by the Bazaar, and earnings are donated to NCA.
- Nancy has reviewed this matter with Irma of IJAS, Irma deemed the Bazaar to be a separate entity, and not under the purview of IJAS. The NCA brochure contains a statement to that effect.
- Board members stated that Bazaar donations are the single largest contributor to supporting NCA operating expenses.
The President announced the Call for Election
- As required, Bill called three times for nominations from the floor.
- There being no nominations, he accepted the resignations of the current Board.
- The following slate of Officers and Directors is declared elected by acclamation:
- President, Douglas Michael Friend
- Vice-President, Lana McCoy Ehlebracht
- Secretary, Margaret Susan Johnson
- Treasurer, Nancy Allan
- Director-at-Large, Nicole Jules Belinne
- Director-at-Large, Ma. Concepción Larios Sánchez
- Director-at-Large, Lorraine Selma Skoda
- Past President, William Harold Friend
- Director, Events, one Board member pending
The meeting was adjourned at 2:19pm.
A meeting of the new NCA Board was called at 2:20 pm.
The next NCA Board meeting will be at La Floresta, on 7 April, at 11:00am.
AGM Minutes must be delivered to the Notary for protocolization, Susan and Doug will do this.
The meeting adjourned at 2:30 pm.