President Doug Friend called the May 22, 2017 meeting of the NCA Board of Directors to order at 1:05 pm. Present were Vice President Lana Ehlebracht , Treasurer Nancy Allan, Secretary Susan Johnson, At-Large Director Nicole Bellinni, and Former President Bill Friend.
- President Doug advised the Board that he and Secretary Susan delivered the AGM minutes to Notary #5 and were being processed.
- President Doug led a discussion of recruitment outreach among faith communities, citing the highly successful meeting at Riverside Presbyterian. He suggested that Board members each contact a church or synagogue in the area to plan a similar effort, and presented speaking points to use during a presentation.
- The Board discussed the significant success of the monthly ‘’Student of the Month’’ articles in the Ojo del Lago, written by Heather Hunter. The Board determined that the article should also be published in the Guadalajara Reporter. President Doug will investigate costs.
- The annual Graduation Celebration will occur on July 15 at the NCA property.
- The next NCA fundraiser will be on July 29th at the home of Doug and Nancy. Dr. Pinto will prepare paella.
- Treasurer Nancy Allan discussed the need for roof repairs at the Chapala office.
- Secretary Susan announced receipt of anonymous donations, suggesting block grants similar to the Operation Feed project in San Juan Cosalá. Specifically proposed were the St. Andrew´s Anglican Church Sunday School for impoverished children from Jocotepec, and the St. Andrew´s support for a breakfast program for 31 needy students at the Secundaria Técnica de Mezcala. Doug, Nancy and Susan will meet with the teachers at St. Andrew´s and from the Secundaria Técnica. President Doug also proposed an NCA center in Ajijic, using available property and featuring a safe place for Basic Education public school students to use Internet resources to do their homework and study English.
- The Board agreed unanimously to name Mtra. Cony Larios our Educational Consultant.
- The next Board meeting will be June 26, 1:00 p.m., at the residence of Doug and Nancy.
President Doug adjourned the meeting at 2:15.